Odds & Ends Home Improvement was founded in 2005 by Farmville native Jimmy Dedmond. Jimmy is the third generation of his family to go into the construction business, and even before he officially started his company he spent many years working with his father and uncle on home improvement projects.
Initially, Jimmy ran the business part time while working another job and focused on smaller projects, but as he began advertising and getting more referrals his customer base began expanding. Before long he had his first big job, which was restoring a 100-year old cabin. He added his first part-time employee in 2012, who became a full-time employee in 2014. During the course of his 10 years in business, Jimmy has accumulated quite a wealth of knowledge and experience as well as a long list of very satisfied customers.
Today, Odds & Ends Home Improvement has a reputation as one of the best contractors in Farmville. Both homeowners and business owners throughout the area know that when they have a problem, they can call Jimmy Dedmond and help will be on the way very soon.
Why Work with Us
We recognize that you have many choices when it comes to getting help maintaining your home. Here are some of the reasons we believe you should choose Odds & Ends Home Improvement over our competitors:
- We’re licensed and have all the necessary insurance to protect you.
- We have excellent communication with our customers and will keep you up to date on the status of your project.
- We live in the community where we work and know it very well.
- We have been in business for 10 years, have a solid reputation in the community, and are here to stay—we want to be your long-term partner in maintaining your home and business.
- Our focus on solving problems and preventative maintenance planning helps our customers save money and avoid expensive repairs.
When we welcome a new customer, we always like to begin the relationship with a site survey of the home or business. This allows us to gather some basic information and get a sense of what type of maintenance concerns the homeowner or business owner has. It also allows us to make note of anything that might affect maintenance work being done on the property—for example, pets or small children in a home. During our site survey, we’ll ask questions like:
- What immediate maintenance concerns or projects are on your mind?
- What are your long-term goals for your property?
- What maintenance tasks do you typically perform during the course of a year?
- Are there any routine maintenance tasks that you’d rather not do yourself?
Once the site survey is complete, we’ll present you with a plan both for tackling any immediate projects you want to get off your plate, as well as some suggestions about how we can help you maintain your property in the long term. We’ll even give you some pointers about how you can better maintain your property even without our assistance. Our site survey is 100% free with no strings attached. Our number one goal is to make sure that we can properly meet and even exceed the expectations of every customer we work with, and that’s what our site survey helps us accomplish.
Although we can certainly help customers with one-time projects if they have an immediate need or concern, we highly encourage people to sign up for one of our service plans that are designed to help them keep maintenance costs down in the long term.